| || |
Lihong ZHANG （张丽红)
B.Med., M.Med., MD & Ph.D.
Department of Anatomy, Histology & Embryology
138 Yixueyuan Road
Phone: + 86 (21) 54237019, Ext. 9208
Fax: + 86 (21) 54237027
Office: Room 208, 9 Building (east)
· B.Med., Dalian Medical University, Dalian, China (1992-1997)
· M.Med., Liaoning University of TCM, Shenyang, China (2002-2005)
· M.D. & Ph.D., China Medical University, Shenyang, China (2005-2008)
· Member, Chinese Society for Anatomical Sciences
· Member, Shanghai Society for Anatomy Science
· Member, Shanghai Medical Asssociation
· Histology & Embryology
· Histology & Embryology (English)
· Histological Progress
Awards and Honors
· 2007, Excellent Young Teacher of Liaoning University of TCM.
· 2004, The Second Award in Bilingual Teaching Contest of Liaoning University of TCM.
An increasing amount of evidence shows the linkage between trace elements homeostasis and human disease, including neurodegenerative diseases and neuroblastoma. Zinc, an essential trace element for mammals, is abundant in the nervous system and has been suggested to be involved in many biological functions. Zinc cannot travel across biological membranes by passive diffusion. In mammals, two zinc transporter families (ZIP, SLC39 and ZnT, SLC30) are required for transporting zinc across the plasma membrane and distributing zinc around the cell. Our finding of zinc-enriched senile plaques in Alzheimers’ (a disease of progressive intellectual deterioration) brain indicates the important roles of zinc and its related protein in the pathologic process of nervous system diseases.
· 2012.01~2014.12: National Nature Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
· 2012.01~2014.12: Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education of China.
· 2008.12~2010.11: Youth Scientific Foundation of Shanghai Medical College.
2. Atmadibrata B, Liu PY, Sokolowski N, Zhang L, Wong M, Tee AE, Marshall GM and Liu T. (2014). The novel long noncoding RNA linc00467 promotes cell survival but is down-regulated by N-Myc. PLoS One, 9(2):e88112.
3. Zhang L., Wang X., Zheng Z., Ren H., Stoltenberg M., Danscher G., Huang L., Rong M. and Wang Z. (2010). Altered expression and distribution of zinc transporters in APP/PS1 transgenic mouse brain. Neurobiology of Aging, 31(1):74-87.
4. Zhang L, Wang X, Stoltenberg M, Danscher G, Huang L and Wang Z. (2008). Abundant expression of zinc transporters in the amyloid plaques of Alzheimer’s disease brain, Brain Research Bulletin, 77(5):55-60.