| || |
Y.C. Wong (王雲川)
Department of Anatomy
Anatomy Office: (852)2819-9226 (voice)
My main area of research is on hormonal carcinogenesis especially in prostate and breast cancer with special reference to the importance of epithelial-stroma interactions and factors regulating the development and progression of cancers.
The main foci of research are in the following areas:
1. The role of Id1 gene in prostate carcinogenesis.
Research Funding (external): (last 10 years)
1. The role of Id-1 gene in prostate carcinogenesis and its relationship to invasiveness of prostate cancer. As PI.
1. X. Wang, M T Ling, XY Guan, S W Tsao, HW Cheung, DT Lee and YC Wong (2004). Identification of a novel function of TWIST, a bHLH protein, in the development of acquired taxol resistance in human cancer cells.Oncogene 23:474-482.
2. YC Wong, MT Ling, XH Wang, XS Ouyang, ALM Cheung and Franky L Chan (2005). Id-1 protein as a new marker of prostate cancer. Hormonal Carcinogenesis IV. Edited by JJ Li, Sara A Li and Antonio Llombart-Bosch, Springer Science Inc. 2005. 197-207.
3. MT Ling, XH Wang, Davy T Lee, PC Tam, SW Tsao and YC Wong (2004). Id-1 expression induces androgen independent prostate cancer cell growth through activation of EGF-R. Carcinogenesis. 25:517-525.
4. HW Cheung, MT Ling, SW Tsao, YC Wong and XH Wang (2004). Id-1-induced Raf/MEK pathway activation is essential for its protective role against apoptosis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Carcinogenesis 25:881-887.
5. HM Li, ZH Zhuang, Q Wang, XH Wang, HL Wong, HC Feng, DY Jin, MT ling, YC Wong, AG Eliopoulos, LS Young, DP Huang and SW Tsao (2004). Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein-1 (LMP1) up-regulates Id1 expression in nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. Oncogene. 23:4488-4494.
6. YC Wong, XH Wang and MT Ling (2004). Id1 expression and cell survival. A mini-review. Apoptosis. 9:279-289.
7. XH Wang and YC Wong (2004). Induction of tumour cell senescence: a new strategy in anticancer treatment.Medicinal Chemistry Reviews Online 1:369-379.
8. Q Wang, SW Tsao, SB Fu, WC Xue, XN Meng, HC Feng, YC Wong and XH Wang (2004). Overexpression of Id1 in gastric adenocarcinoma: Implication for a novel diagnostic marker. Anticancer Res. 24: 881-886.
9. YeeLeng Yap, XueWu Zhang, MT Ling, XiangHong Wang, YC Wong, Antoine Danchin (2004). Classification between tumor and normal tissues based on the pair-wise gene expression ratio. BMC Cancer 4:72 (1-17).
10. HW Cheung, DY Jin, MT Ling, YC Wong, SW Tsao and XHWang (2005). MAD2 expression induces chemosensitization to a DNA damaging agent, cisplatin, in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Cancer Research. 65(4):1450-1458.
11. X Wang, YC Wong and DY Jin. (2005). Mitotic checkpoint: a therapeutic target in the treatment of human cancer. Letters in Drug Design and Discovery 2:97-104.
12. HW Cheung, YP Ching, JM. Nicholls, MT Ling, YC Wong, N Hui, A Cheung, S W Tsao, Q Wang, DY Jin and X Wang (2005). Epigenetic inactivation of CHFR in nasopharyngeal carcinoma through promoter methylation. Mol.Carcinogenesis 43:237-245.
13. XM Zhang, MT Ling, HC Feng, YC Wong, SW Tsao and X Wang (2004). Id-1 stimulates cell proliferation through activation of EGF-R in ovarian cancer cells. Br J Cancer 91: 2042-2047
14. MT Ling, Tracy CM Lau, C Zhou, CW Chua, WK Kwok, Q Wang, X Wang and YC Wong (2005). Overexpression of Id-1 in prostate cancer cells promotes angiogenesis, through the activation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Carcinogenesis, 2005, 26(10), 1668-1676.
15. C Zhou, MT Ling, TW Lee, K Man, X Wang and YC Wong (2006). FTY720, a fungus metabolite, inhibits invasion ability of androgen-independend prostate cancer cells through inactivation of RhoA-GTPase. Cancer Letters, Volume 233, Issue 1, Pages 36-47
16. HX Si, SW Tsao, CSP Poon, YC Wong and ALM Cheung (2005). Physical status of HPV-16 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Clin Virol. 32:19-23.
17. CM Hui, PY Cehung, MT Ling, SW Tsao XH Wang, YC Wong and ALM Cheung (2006). Id1 promotes proliferation of p53-deficient esophageal cancer cells. Inter J Cancer. 2006 Feb 27;119(3):508-514 [Epub ahead of print]
18. TK Lee, K Man, JW Ho, CK Sun, KT Ng, XH Wang, YC Wong, IOL Ng, RR Xu and ST Fan (2004). FTY720 induces apoptosis of human hepatoma cell lines through PI3-K-mediated Akt dephosphorylation. Carcinogenesis25:2397-2405.
19. CW Chua, DTW Lee, MT Ling, C Zhou, K Man, J Ho, Franky L Chan, X Wang and YC Wong (2005). FTY720, a fungus metabolite, inhibits in vivo growth of androgen independent prostate cancer. International Journal of Cancer. 117:1039-1048.
20. XM Zhang, XH Wang, MT Ling, YC Wong (2006) Inactivation of Id-1 in prostate cancer cells: A potential therapeutic target in inducing chemosensitization to taxol through activation of JNK pathway. International J Cancer. 118:2072-2081.
21. WK Kwok, MT Ling, TW Lee, TCM Lau, Rita C Zhou, XM Zhang, CW Chua, KW Chan, Franky L Chan, Carlotta Glackin, YC Wong and X Wang (2005). Upregulation of Twist in prostate cancer and its implication as a therapeutic target. Cancer Research 65:5153-5162.
22. MT Ling, WK Kwok, Maggie K Fung, XH Wang, and YC Wong (2006). Proteosome mediated degradation of Id-1 is associated with TNFα-induced apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Carcinogenesis 27:205-215.
23. Q Wang, S W Tsao, John M. Nicholls, Tadamasa Ooka, HW Cheung, Songbin Fu, Y.C. Wong and Xianghong Wang (2006). Anti-apoptotic role of Barf1 in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Letters. 2005 Jul 26; [Epub ahead of print].
24. HL Wong, XH Wang, RCC Chang, HC Feng, Q Wang, KW Lo, DP Huang, PW Yuen, K Takda, YC Wong and SW Tsao (2005). Stable expression of EBERs in immortalized nasopharyngeal epithelial cells confers resistance to apoptotic stress. Molecular Carcinogenesis 44:92-101.
25. QJ Chu, MT Ling, HW Cheung, G Wang, SW Tsao, XH Wang and YC Wong (2006). A novel anticancer effect of garlic derivatives: inhibition of cancer cell invasion through restoration of E-cadherin expression.Carcinogenesis. 2006 May 4; [Epub ahead of print]
26. MT Yuen, LK Leung, J Wang, YC Wong and Franky L Chan (2005) Enhanced induction of prostatic dysplasia and carcinoma in Noble rat model by combination of neonatal estrogen exposure and hormonal treatments at adulthood. International Journal of Oncology 27:1685-1695.
27. M. T. Ling, T.C.M. Lau, C. Zhou, K.W. Kwok, Q. J. Chu, X.H. Wang, and Y.C. Wong. (2005). Id-1 gene and prostate cancer angiogenesis. Proceeding of 4th Asia-Pacific IAP Congress, Beijing, China. August 22-26, 2005. 83-91
28. HW Cheung, AC Chun, Q Wang, W Deng, L Hu, XY Guan, JM Nicholls, MT Ling, YC Wong, SW Tsao, DY Jin and XH Wang (2006). Inactivation of human MAD2B in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells leads to chemosensitization to DNA damaging agents. Cancer Research. In Press.
29. Yi Ding, Gang Wang, Ming Tat Ling, Y.C. Wong, Xin Li, Yanqun Na, Xiaomeng Zhang, Chee Wai Chua, Xianghong Wang and Dianqi Xin (2006) Significance of Id-1 upregulation and its association with EGFR in bladder cancer cell invasion. International J Oncology.28(4): 847-854.
30. Kexin Xu, Ming-tat Ling, Xianghong Wang and YC Wong (2006). Evidence of a novel biomarker, as1-Casein, a milk protein, in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases. 2006 May 9; [Epub ahead of print]
31. KJ Di, MT Ling, SW Tsao, YC Wong and XH Wang (2006). Sensitization effect of Id-1 inactivation on TGF-β1-induced growth arrest in prostate epithelial cells. Biology of the Cell. In Press.
32. Hiu-Fung Yuen, Chee-Wai Chua, Yuen-Piu Chan, YC Wong, Xianghong Wang, and Kwok-Wah Chan (2006). Id proteins expression in prostate cancer: high level expression of Id-4 in primary prostate cancer is associated with development of metastases. Modern Pathology, 2006 Mar 31; [Epub ahead of print]